100 Ogden Lane, Siesta Key, Sarasota, FL
This building was a cooperative project between the architects, the magazine, The Architectural Forum, Revere Copper and Brass Co., and the builders, Lamolithic Industries.
“With the Revere house, Twichell and Rudolph established the model for the classic 1950s Florida residence: a narrow one-story rectangle, often one room wide for cross-ventilation from glass jalousie windows; slab on grade; terrazzo floors; non-load bearing walls with high glass window bands; wide overhangs, top-lit interior courts; and attached service buildings or carports, often connected by screen walls to the residence. To achieve the thin ceiling planes in the Revere house, it was necessary to pour a roof slab with beams on top whose surface accommodates ponds of water to help insulate the house. The use of a copper-sheathed fireplace hood and kitchen vent tied it to the Revere Copper Company advertising promotions of 1948.”
Howey, John. The Sarasota School of Architecture: 1941-1966. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1997. p. 47.